LIT Pilot Program 2019
The Leader-In-Training (LIT) program will integrate NEYT mentors into Junior Company summer programming, giving participants training as well as opportunities for teaching and leadership.
• Participants will gain skills in teaching, leadership, communication, and organization
• Participants will build deep-rooted relationships with each other, junior company members, and faculty and staff, strengthening our entire NEYT community.
• Participants will actively engage in reflective dialogue on leadership practices
• Junior company “campers” will receive more individualized instruction and attention
• Summer faculty and staff will receive additional support
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
• 3 different two-week sessions
• July 1 – 14
• July 15 – 28
• July 29 - Aug 11
• 2 LITs per session
• Participants will receive a $200 stipend for the 2-week program
• All students who successfully complete the LIT program will receive a Certificate of Leadership
• Attend daily check-ins with the LIT/Mentor Advisor
• Engage arriving students with Greeting and Games each morning
• Attend weekly reflection meetings/trainings
• Assist NEYT faculty and staff in the following Junior Company Programs
• Junior Shakes
• Junior Melodrama
• Melodrama playwriting
• Lead Mentor Challenges, dance offs, and Lunchtime Funtime
• Assist with lunchtime prep and cleanup, and end-of-day cleanup.
In order to be selected for the LIT program, candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Fulfilled requirements for becoming an NEYT Mentor by time of application
• Complete an LIT application
• Meet with the Executive Director and Program Coordinator for an interview
• Only those who can commit to the full two weeks of a session should apply
• Applicants should indicate which sessions they are available for.
• Applicants should indicate if they would be interested in more than 1 session, if there remain open slots.
PORTRAIT OF AN IDEAL LIT
• Enjoys working with younger kids
• Is committed to the mission and values of NEYT
• Open to learning new things
• Willing to help out with whatever needs to get done
• Committed to building up the NEYT community
The application process consists of a written application and in person interview. Applications are no longer being accepted for the 2019 Pilot Program - stay tuned for information on 2020.